Transformation is one of Netcare’s
strategic pillars aimed at communicating our profound commitment to redressing
the historic socio-economic exclusions and prevailing imbalances with the view
of contributing positively towards South Africa’s sustainable economic growth
into the future.
We recognise and align
our transformation strategy to the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE)
Act and the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Codes as a framework.
Our BBBEE Status
2011, Netcare achieved a Level 2 BBBEE
status. For more information and figures, including our Empowerdex
rating, please see our current Broad-based black economic
empowerment certificate. (PDF
Netcare “Leadership Pledge” is founded on South Africa’s Bill of Rights;
and encapsulates the “heart and soul” of our approach to transformation and further
defines the belief and commitment of the Netcare leadership required to
accelerate transformation on all fronts.
ensure this commitment translates into results, transformation objectives are
included in the Executive’s and Management’s Balanced Scorecard which inform
the potential eligibility for annual incentives. The Board Transformation Committee
is responsible for developing the Group’s transformation strategy and an Operational
Transformation Committee monitors the progress towards the achievement
Our 7 pillars for transformation
transformation strategy encompasses three broad areas of empowerment with 7
fundamental pillars which together provide a framework for comprehensively
addressing transformation and empowerment throughout the group. These are:
Netcare's leadership has pledged itself to a transformation journey
founded on South Africa's Bill of Rights, a journey which underscores
our belief that transformation is a strategic imperative for the future
socio-economic success of our sector and our country. The implementation
of this pledge is governed by our values.
Our leaders have made the following pledge:
We, as the leadership of Netcare, in harmony with the preamble to the Constitution of South Africa,
- Recognise the injustices of our past;
- Honour those who suffered for justice and freedom in our land;
- Respect those who have worked to build and develop our country; and
- Believe that South Africa belongs to all who live in it, united in our diversity.
As the leadership of Netcare, we commit to participate in the greater transformation of South Africa by pledging to:
- Take individual responsibility for enabling transformation in Netcare through our own personal transformation.
- Embrace our values of care, dignity, participation, truth and passion.
- Lead by example through the embodiment of our values in all our actions.
- Create an environment where cultural and individual diversity is understood and respected.
- Actively work towards the correcting of past injustices by committing to:
- equity in our workforce; and
- the upliftment of the greater communities we serve.
- Empower and enable all our employees to maximise their potential within the Netcare family.