Who we are
Netcare Education, a division of the Netcare Group, is regarded as one of South Africa’s leading private education and training institutions of healthcare professionals, both in nursing and ancillary health care and emergency medical services.
Netcare Education, a registered private higher education institution, comprises two faculties, with campuses in Johannesburg and Pretoria in Gauteng, Durban North in KwaZulu-Natal, Gqeberha in the Eastern Cape and Cape Town in the Western Cape. The Faculty of Nursing and Ancillary Healthcare (FNAH) provides formal education and training in the fields of nursing and ancillary disciplines, and the Faculty of Emergency and Critical Care (FECC) provides formal education and training in the field of emergency and critical care as well as first aid training for members of the public.
Through organised learning, employees and students will be able to improve job performance and individual growth opportunities.
Established in 1989, Netcare Education has built up a solid reputation for equipping students with the academic, clinical, practical and personal skills required for a professional career in healthcare.
Netcare Education strives to be the private
education, training, and development provider
of choice for the healthcare industry.
Our purpose is to offer the highest quality education to healthcare providers. We want to develop
students who are intellectually capable and skilled healthcare providers who can proudly offer
evidence-based best practices and care to their patients, who can communicate assertively and
effectively and advocate for their patients and their profession. In doing so, they will contribute to
the strengthening of the South African economy, democracy, and social fabric.
To realise our vision and achieve our mission, our objectives are to:
- Offer outstanding industry-relevant, student-centred education and training,
- Ensure consistency of academic quality and outcomes:
- Best student experience,
- Education that is value for money,
- Best educational outcomes,
- Development and well-being of staff, students, leaders and healthcare professionals,
- Drive confidence, competence and compassion,
- Engage with research and evidence-based practice,
- Create a culture of governance and risk management to ensure regulatory compliance,
- Effective change management with disruptive innovation,
- Expand digitisation of learning and teaching,
- Facilitate the transformation of our society through education,
- Strengthen synergy and integration within and across the Netcare divisions and stakeholders
to ensure mutually beneficial relationships based on the premise of education, training and
development of employees, and students, and
- Ensure sustainability and growth of Netcare Education.